How do I make Pancakes
American style Fluffy and sweet, perfect with syrup
Learn how to make American style fluffy pancakes at home with our simple and easy to follow guide.
Pancakes are delicious with fruit, sugar, maple syrup even bacon and maple syrup for a naughty breakfast.
In the UK pancakes are made with the French crepe recipe however in the USA it is made using the recipe in our video, we love cooking them and the smell fills the kitchen and lasts all day
Instructions on how to make American style pancakes to serve 4 people
1. Add 130g - 140g of plain flour to a bowl, don't worry too much about the accuracy of the measurement for this.
2. Add one teaspoon of baking powder to the flour
3. Add half a tablespoon of salt to the flour and baking powder
4. Add two tablespoons of caster sugar
5. Pass all the dry ingredients through a sieve to mix together.
6. Pour 135-140ml of milk to medium sized jug
7. Add a fresh medium sized egg to the milk and mix well with a fork
8. Add some melted unsalted butter to the milk and eggs and mix again, keep some butter to the side for cooking the pancakes.
9. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together with a fork until there are no lumps.
10. You are now ready to the cook the pancakes
11. Pour your a ladle of your mixture into a preheated pan on a medium heat with some melted butter and a drizzle of oil to stop the butter from burning.
12. When the pancakes start to bubble on top its time to flip them over and cook for a couple of minutes until they are golden brown.
13. Serve and Enjoy your home made pancakes with some bacon and maple syrup
© Copyright how do i