How do I cook delicious roast potatoes
crispy, crunchy and fluffy roasties
How to cook delicious roast potatoes?
The Key to the perfect roast potato is in the picking of the potato itself, you do not want to be using waxy potatoes for roasties, you want to be using floury varieties of potatoes such as King Edward, Maris Piper and Rooster. We have used Rooster potatoes in our video, If you are unsure check the packet it will tell you what best to use the potatoes for.
Instructions on how to make delicious roast potatoes
1. Floury Potatoes
3. Olive Oil
4 Salt and Pepper
1. First peel your potatoes, make sure they are a floury variety of potato
2. Cut your potatoes to size, in half and half again is a good size, not too big and not too small.
3. Rinse your potatoes in cold water to remove the starch
4. Place in a pan of cold water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
5. Test by inserting a knife into the potato to see whether they are soft
6. Once nearly falling, drain well, and leave to steam for a moment
7. Place back in the pan and shake up, shaking your potatoes will roughen up the edges which when cooking will fill with the olive oil and butter mix causing the potatoes to crisp up nicely.
8. Add butter and Olive Oil to a roasting dish, we absolutely love the flavour this gives the roast potatoes, however you can use goose fat or any other oil if you prefer
9. Place the butter and olive oil in the oven at 200 degrees c until the butter is melted, make sure your roasting dish is suitable for this temperature, it should state on the bottom.
10. Take out of the oven and add your potatoes to the olive oil and butter and shake to coat.
11. Place some more butter on top of the potatoes, drizzle some olive oil over and season well with salt and pepper
12.Check your potatoes regularly and turn them over once the potatoes are starting to brown.
13. Once the roast potatoes are crispy and golden brown they are ready to serve and enjoy
© Copyright how do i